The fluency of the movement of the human body…
Its shapes, proportions, color of the skin…
The poetry it shares with us…
I would like to transfer all those concepts and observations, all that we cherish and admire about human bodies into my creations.
The joint system I created helps to animate movements and hold posses that are not constricted by the fact that the doll’s body is made out of resin. Improving and developing this system is something that I am currently working on. Creating multiple body types including different ages and genders is in progress. I am incorporating BJDs into different media like oil paintings, drawings, prints, etc. I certainly feel that this is such an amazing technique, which could be applied in so many artistic ways.
See also my fine art page: www.naomiocean.com
- Novosibirsk State Architect Art Academy, Russia: monumental arts
- Turkmen State Art Academy, Turkmenistan: Graphic arts
- Athens, Greece: Internship Study Program of Religious Arts
- Novosibirsk Art College, Russia: Industrial Graphics
- Neve Yerushalayim College: Religion, Jewish Philosophy, Hebrew
- International Doll Salon, Moscow, Russia, Fall 2017: Group exhibit
- Doll Art 3, Jaffa Museum, Israel 2017: Group exhibit
- International Doll Salon, Moscow, Russia, Spring 2017: Group exhibit
- International Doll Salon, Moscow, Russia, Fall 2016: Group exhibit
- Doll Art 2, Jaffa Museum, Israel 2015-2016: Group exhibit
- Ein Hod, Israel 2010: Group exhibit with theme of “Secrets.”
- Givat Yeshayahu, Israel 2010: Group exhibit with HaEla Artists.
- Ein Hod, Israel 2009: Solo exhibit: “Black & White Mostly.”
- Ein Hod, Israel 2009: Group exhibit with theme of “Masks.”
- Givat Yeshayahu, Israel 2009: Group exhibit with HaEla Artists.
- Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel 2006: Group exhibit sponsored by Partnership 2000. Presented 12 works on handmade paper.
- Jerusalem, Israel 2003: Merkaz Ha’Magshimim. 5 works presented. Media: oil paint and canvas.
- Jerusalem, Israel 1998: Merkaz Ha’Magshimim group exhibit in the German Colony. Presented 12 works. Media: paper, acrylic, pastels, and ink.
- Novosibirsk, Russia 1996: State museum. 20 works in biblical genres using free composition and abstract forms. Media: canvas, oil paints, linoleum cuts, acrylics, and pastels.
- Ashgabat, Turkmenistan 1995: Presented works on free genres in Opera Theater. Media: canvas and oil paints.
- Brussels, Belgium 1994: Presented with three works in biblical themes. Media: canvas, acrylic, gold plate.
- Athens, Greece 1994: I was able to expose paintings I accomplished while studying in Greece. I presented 40 works. Media: wood, natural pigments, gold plate, and acrylic.
- United States: Los Angeles, CA; Bakersfield, CA; Durham, NC; Tucson, AZ; Boston, MA
- South Africa: Cape Town
- Greece: Athens
- Belgium: Brussles
- Turkmenistan: Ashgabat
- Russia: Novosibirsk
- Turkey: Marmaris
- Israel: Jerusalem, Ramallah